23 May 2010

30 years of dust sheds light on an idea.

I am pretty sure; I have enough vintage accessories to open up an Etsy shop. One that would then finance a start up RunningMan clothing line. I have so so much costume jewelery, gloves and scarves from Bossie, Aunt Pat, and Aunt Jeanette combined, that I could, if I could bring myself to part with it, sell it as vintage, and make money. I might go through it, and choose my favorite, and those things that I'd actually use, and then sell the rest. That's a good idea if I would ever do it. I also need to decide what I'm going to do about this dress I designed. What sizes should I make? I have enough green material to make several green dresses. After I perfect the pattern I made for my yellow dress, I could then make 'standard' sizes and sell those as RunningMan originals. Ooooh, that sounds good. But which sizes do I make? I have to draw up a  pattern for each. I guess I can go by the sizes from the book, but they're European from back in the day. So I could figure it out comparably to what they would be today. But I still need to decide which sizes to make? 4? 6? 10? 14? The sizes in the book are listed as; 8-22. But it also said I'm from an 8 - 16 depending on the measurement. And even then, the book is from back in the day, so it's a different fit. ... hmmmmm... I dunno, I'll figure it out eventually. Sooner would be better than later so that I can purchase the right size zippers. etc. But I do think I will sell some of my vintage/antique stuff here sooner. I've also been told I should sell some of my art as well, and not just have it all over my room for only me to see... but art is so hard to both part with, and price appropriately. More thinking and decisions to make.

No comments: