04 March 2009

He Found my Letters and Read Each One Out Loud

There are some songs that I don't like. Some songs; I used to not like. When they premiered on the radio; I hated them. I could not stand one song in particular. Which was odd because it was by one of my favorite artists and it made me like them less (that seems low. But it's true.). For years, I couldn't listen to them. Because of this one song, I couldn't get into the other songs as much. I suppose it was an assumption that the songs in some way reflected who that artist was or reflected them. That doesn't usually bother me so much. The artists personal personality and their songs don't always get clumped together as one entity for me. I soon was able to move on (years later) I 'seemed' to have forgotten about my distaste for this particular song (I forgot about the song altogether) and was able to listen to the others. They were good again. Even further down the line; I grew up, and my circumstances, experiences and 'attitudes' had changed. I mean years and years later. I now understand this song, and it's not so loathsome to me. I can identify with the story of this song and realize the emotion and thought processes that went into it and go along with it. It's still not my favorite. But it's been added to some key playlists of my life. Some of them tell stories of my life.

No comments: