09 February 2009

Perturbing Impertinance

I am so upset. No that's not the right word. Perturbed? Not really. Larry asked me a very pertinent question today... Well, let me start from the beginning of this story; Have you seen that H&R Block commercial? The one with the Grim Reaper? Well, at the end of it, before it goes to the H&R Block logo and whatnot, Grim says to the agent guy; "See you in 38 days." That means that this Tax man has only 38 days left to live. This of course made me think out loud my thoughts on the matter. (I merely stated "That sucks, that guy only has 38 days left to live." or something very close to that.) Larry then told me what she'd do with her final 38 days in a very loose description. But of course that led me to think... If I only had 38 days left to live, and I was certain of the time, what would I do? And instantly; I knew what I would want to attain in those last days. But I couldn't cling to that thought. Damn myself to Hell! Yes, that'll go over well. But in that instant I knew exactly what I wanted. First thing without having to think about it. I knew. I had; after that moment of horrid realization, tried to think about what I should want to do in my last 38 days, to get the most out of it. But I won't tell you what I've come up with. I do not have only 38 days, that I know of, I have much longer. And feelings are fleeting. I have the time to change me still; and my instantaneous reactions won't always remain the same. I wonder... What would you do if you KNEW you only had 38 days left to live.

No comments: