04 February 2009

An Hour for An Happiness.

I suppose each individual one can charge whatever they want. How come; it was 75cents for several days of one, and now it's $2 for the second day of another? that makes no sense. At all! Oh well... Here's an extended scene for you. I don't much like it; but it is what it is right now.
-
"Everyone knows. How can you not know? Everyone knew before even me! My dad knew before I did. Reginald had to tell me. That's how I know. My grandmother even knew before I'd admit to it." She finished this off and just stared at him incredulously.
"You admit it?" he seemed at a loss for words. Like he was struggling to formulate his own thoughts. Or maybe he truly didn't understand what she was saying. she couldn't read his body language any longer, and was in such a state as to believe he'd not even heard her. "Admit what?" he finally continued. This let her know that she wasn't the last one to know her own secret. Which was little consolation. But if he didn't already know it... She struggled with weather or not to tell him at this point. If she did; she was at a loss for words.
He still stared at her in a questioning disbelief. She thought the words so strenuously, but finally faltered altogether. She dropped her arms and hung her head in defeat to it. She resigned herself to her fate. She must say it out loud, in plain words, or he would obviously never know.
"That you're hopelessly in love with me." he said this with a sarcastic air. The words he uttered, though true in content, where purely said as a joke to ease the tension of the moment. "Yes, I know." he continued in his way, "I do have that effect on people." He obviously was going to be done with this topic and move on shortly. " They just can't get enough of me. -- Yep!" she could only roll her eyes and sigh, as they looked away from each other. Him for his entertainment, her for her shame. The subject was now dropped. Her moment for truth was gone forever.
-
And another thing... I think it's odd (proper but odd) that it should be an happiness, or an house, or an hippopotamus. I do understand the use of an. But occasionally it seems out of place when heard together. However it does sound right when it's an hour.

No comments: