26 October 2007

The definition of this is that.

There is a question... I don't know what it is. I think it is in regards to music. Mystic. What is mystic? Dictionary.com defines mystic in this way; mys·tic [mis-tik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective
1.involving or characterized by esoteric, otherworldly, or symbolic practices or content, as certain religious ceremonies and art; spiritually significant; ethereal.
2.of the nature of or pertaining to mysteries known only to the initiated: mystic rites.
3.of occult character, power, or significance: a mystic formula.
4.of obscure or mysterious character or significance.
5.of or pertaining to mystics or mysticism.
–noun
6.a person who claims to attain, or believes in the possibility of attaining, insight into mysteries transcending ordinary human knowledge, as by direct communication with the divine or immediate intuition in a state of spiritual ecstasy.
7.a person initiated into religious mysteries.
-> I like how dictionaries define words, using the word that you are looking up. That's always good. Really clears things up. Not that I disagree with the definition. Or that I can think of a better way to define some of these words. Seriously, I tried. just now, I was lost in space, thinking of how else one could define mystic. but then I got side tracked, listening to this song; The End, by The Doors. It's pretty crazy. I just blanked out listening to the words. Yeah, it's a really happy song. ;/ no not really. sarcasm runs deep. that is all I have to say about that. One time I took one of those chain e-mail quizzes, because I was soooo bored in class. One question was; Do you use sarcasm allot? and the cliche is to answer the question with a sarcastic comment, right? I wonder if anyone could just write yes, and be taken seriously in that answer... I mean, if you really are sarcastic (allot) then wouldn't you be sarcastic then too. wouldn't you want to show off that crazy wit and commentary. You'd think so.

No comments: