14 July 2010

More to do with Rheana Nymph

As we get further into the story; my characters have to interact with other peoples characters. So I've also included those interactions...

After walking in silence for quite some time, Narkissos became curious as to the direction they were traveling. Before he could say anything, Rheana read his thoughts.
"No I’m not kidnapping you. Firstly you came of your own free will." She said as she jumped a fence. "Secondly; you are free to leave whenever you like." 
"Then tell me where it is we are going please. I do not read minds like you, but I do know that Perth is that way." He said pointing north of them.
She laughed at him. "You are wise my friend, This is not the way to Perth."
"But you still have not told me where we are heading, nor why we head on foot."
She gasped as him and rolled her eyes. "We head whichever way my fancy takes me. I do not feel the need to have man made transportation take me, because I am in no hurry to be anywhere, I am truly free." She put her arms out and began to dance and run in the moonlight. Then she fell and lay staring up at the stars. "I can walk where I want, I can rest when I want, and can be whatever I want. I am part of earth, and she part of me." She leaned up on her elbows and looked at Narkissos looking at her. "You should know this. You are part of each other too. But not as much a part as I." She smiled at him wryly and laid back down. "Come watch the sky with me and watch as the earth does what she does best."
He made his way over to her carefully, watching her breath. Then he knelt down at her head. When she looked at him he asked: "And what is it that you think the earth does best?"
She smiled a devious smile at him upside down. "Why, she merely exists."
He smiled back at her words then lay with their heads next to one another. He listened to her breathing still as she soon fell asleep.


When Rheana awoke the following morning, the sun had just begun to rise. Narkissos was watching her from a few feet off. She stretched then sat up, then she yawned deeply.
"I see deep sleep still reverts you to your true form." Narkissos said to her. She cast a glare his way. "Still as bright and cheery in the mornings as ever." He laughed. She continued to glare.
Narkissos got up from where he sat and walked over to her. "Shall we?" he asked extending his hand to her, which she took begrudgingly and stood up. They started to walk again as they had the night before, in silence as the sun rose. As they continued on Rheana began to transform herself into a different redhead from the night before. Though Narkissos loved her true form, he agreed that it might cause a stir as they drew closer to civilization. But did not say as much, she already had read his thoughts.
Long before midday, when there was still a fog, the two arrived at Loch Leven. "have friends here?" Narkissos asked her playfully. She smirked and laughed shortly. "As a matter of fact I do dear Narky." And she began to wade into the water. He watched her and as about to speak. "No Narky, I will not strip for you. The clothes I wear are as much of an illusion as the current color of my hair." He laughed. "We are here because I made a deal with Nessy many many years ago. I’d be the mysterious woman to throw off the truth of her whenever I’m in the area. I’m sure you’ve heard the legends about it." She said. As she turned back away from him, she transformed into a blonde beauty bathing in the waters. He watched as she waded around the foggy lake, smiling to himself.

They stayed at the lake until the fog began to lift, and continued on their way. Traveling in a southward direction because Rheana could hear Narkissos’ thoughts continually reverting back to London, she asked him when they were crossing water; "What is it that’s so important in London?" He looked at her quizzically then dropped his head. "You do keep thinking about it, why else do you think I’m heading south?"
"Do you remember Volta at all?"
"That silly old man? How could I ever forget him?"
"Well, he’s in London, I’d been meaning to go and see him." She raised her eyebrows at him, willing him to continue. "The war is drawing close Rheana, you cannot be ignorant of that."
She laughed at him. "I am not ignorant of it. I welcome it. It has been far too long since there was trouble caused enough that would hold as entertainment." 
"You want this war?"
"I want to be entertained." She smiled and he sighed. Then both continued without speaking again.


After several stops and forms of transportation, The two arrived on the outskirts of London in the early morning of the next day. "perhaps we should find lodging for the evening. Or for the little amount of evening that is left." Rheana said. "I really need to sleep. That little bit on your shoulder of the last train was not restful at all."
"Of course it was, you even drooled a bit." He laughed back at her, leaning in and holding her chin. She glared at him. "Very well, I have a flat not far from here. I am sure you remember." He said straightening up. "if you’ll follow me, I think we can go the rest of the way on foot" unless you’d rather I carried you?" he smiled as she stomped off ahead of him again.
"What bloody way do I go?" she said when he stopped on a corner and she continued on. He nodded his head and started down the correct long street.

Once they were inside, she went straight to his bed and crashed. "don’t wake me, and don’t think about it... you get the couch." She was out by the time she hit the pillow.
"of course my love", he said to the door as he shut it for her.


Narkissos’ ears perked up all of a sudden. Then he smiled wryly. And thought to himself "Seems my dear friend Volta has come to pay me a visit." He went and opened the door quietly, so to not wake Rheana, even though only a change in the earth could wake her. He stood waiting with the door open, waiting for His father’s friend to appear at his stoop. 


Volta Parked the Vanquish in plane sight of Nark as he got out in his Human form. It was almost dawn so he had to go back his human form. He changed Bane into his credit card form and Life and Death into there Drivers license and MI6 badge form. He then walked up to the Door and said "Long time so see. And What ever you do don't try and steal my car this time."


Narkissos laughed out loud at Voltas comment, remembering clearly the incident that he was referring to. "I believe it was an emergency and I did return the pieces. But seeing as you are my guest, I will do what I can to control the urge. Please come in. to what do I owe this visit?"


Volta walked in and said "Pieces yes but I rather liked that car. It was my 69 sting ray correct?. Anyway i am here to ask you to come and help. The war is less then Twenty-Nine days away now. I know Rehana won't help but i figured you might. You know i have unlimited resources. You also know trying to read my mind is useless." Volta felt him press against the outer ridges of his mind. But not past his mental walls.


"You are correct. And it was a beauty, until it slipped on the ice and careened into that wall. But I did accomplish my mission in record time." He said as he smiled. "You may be wrong about her. She is interested in the war. It is a game to her to cause trouble. You know this though. If you word an offer correctly, she may be willing to help. Yes I do know. I have all but given up trying to read minds. If you feel you mind is being read, perhaps our dear Rheana is no longer sleeping." He went and peeked in on her. She looked like she was sleeping, but she was still in her redheaded form. "It’s no use pretending to sleep now. Come, Volta is here." She growled at him as she rolled onto her back refusing to open her eyes. "fine, I’ll come out."


Volta had a smug grin as Rheana came out and Nark was still standing there. Volta then Said "Long time so see Rheana. You look well or your current form does." Volta Grinned as he muttered something under his breath out of anyone's hearing range. It was a spell that cause Rheana to go to her ture form. Volta Grinned as Nark saw it.  

Rheana fought to control her rage as she transformed back to her real self. With an indignant smirk she said to him: "More parlor tricks to amuse the masses no doubt. Tell me how has it been with no one so great to pick on?"

Narkissos’ face flushed, as much as a half vampires face can flush, when he saw Rheana in her true form for the second time in 24 hours. He loved her as she was, but was not used to seeing her this way in front of others.
He then moved to interrupt their discord before a fight erupted. "Please Volta, tell us what it is that has brought you here to ask us for our help."


Volta Smirked clearly unphased by by Rheana's true form. Volta then corrected Nark "Not help. I came seeking a alliance. Help would imply everything depended solely on you and that it does not. But your alliance would be a great help. Rheana i am sorry. But i figured that you keep it hidden form Nark and now see that you don't. Anyway i came by to give you an offer which it is up to you. Here is the location to my base, the choice is yours." Volta walked up and got in his car and speed off back to the base. 


Both Rheana and Narkissos stood in his wake for a long time not moving. Narkissos then looked at the directions he held in his hand and was about to speak. But Rheana interrupted him. "No, I don’t think he meant to speak with me at all, but I do like that you thought it was a good idea to attempt to enlist me." She walked back towards to the bedroom. "And yes, he does know how much you like me, but then again; it doesn’t take a mind reader to figure that out." She said smiling at him.
"Will you ally though?" he asked her.
"I will sleep on it. Now; I’m far past tired. You still get the couch." She said closing the door on him. 

No comments: