16 January 2010

The things to do to get to be me

Things to do: I need to invest in jeans. I have two pair. One is gray, the other; dark blue, both are skinny jeans... skinny jeans don't work with everything... and I am sick and tired of seeing everyone in a room wearing the same exact thing... skin tight pants (jeans or leggings) with boots, and some sort of graphic or v-neck tee, with a cardigan... granted, there are some variations. But seriously! there is a reason spandex went out the first time. Some people should not wear just it. I know I'm not one who should, so I don't. So; I think a nice pair of Mid to lowrise, long enough to wear with pumps bootcut jeans in a medium to dark wash would be spectacular.

I need to invest in undergarments. I didn't really notice what a dent the puntables had put in my supply until I got here and have to do laundry every so often, because it would be unsanitary not too... And Bras die.

I have to find shoes made in the USA. This is the most difficult thing ever. I just need some basic black comfortable slides... like a Mary Jane, or a basic ballet flat... Basic black pumps would be good too... some converse would probably be too much to ask. Why did Chuck Taylors have to move to China?! Dangnabit! I had an interview today, and my shoes were falling apart. Not so noticeable, but I knew.

I need to actually start the RunningMan. Therefore, I need a screen printer. I need the list for wholesale t-shirts, but my supplier is not working with me... I need a plan for that one. I also need to make a pattern for the new dress/skirt/top set thing... as seen on designervan.blogspot.com

I need to decide if I really want a job. Now, this sounds like an odd statement. But I really wasn't feeling it today. I do feel it when I do work. But finding the work is brutal. and repetition and staring at a computer screen all day sounds terrible to me. I need interaction. And I know I need to be led. I can't start as leader, I can work up to it. But I can't start there.

My dad needs to record my album. Now, I'm not pawning this one off. Granted, I have next to no control over this one. But I can take some control on that is not mine, I might become a really annoying nag in the process, but then something might actually come of it. I would say that the last year, production wise, was a complete waste of my time. Not productive artistically in any respect at all. Bummer days...

That's all of the list I'm posting for now... I know there's more, but if I make the physical list too long, I'll just procrastinate the whole thing because it seems overwhelming.

On another note. I'm attempting to put my words of wisdom into practice. I am trying to become the same person I say I am, and when that starts to seem futile on some topics. I say it as I actually am, and not as I want me to be. Just Breathe!

No comments: