22 January 2010

Retaliation and Pandering

Do you keep things just because they are keepers? I have a tendency to not do things that people tell me to do if I have a choice, just because I'm stubborn. I wonder if that has any relevance to what I'll do about keepers... Will I weigh the options wisely and respond with logic? or will I reason my way out of it because everyone else thinks it's good. But then; is it really good, or do people just think it is, and it's may not be? In the reverse; There are movies that I've been told I would not like, and I do... similarly; do I like them because I was told I wouldn't? I don't think so. Sometimes I even like things I'm told to like. But then am I liking it to please the person who does? We don't like to admit that other people have sway over our way of thinking. We would like to claim that our thinking is all our own and completely independent. However, it's not. We all pander to some degree. Or our stubbornness kicks in and we do the opposite. I'm going to bed now. I'll ponder this... And hopefully I'll be able to figure out what I truly think.

No comments: