23 January 2010

Dog Catchers for the Greater Good

Life is pretty distressing these days. What with the state of the economy, and rampant immorality. Keeping your head on your shoulders takes a lot out of a person. So some of us strive to be better people. Make a difference. Contribute to the greater good. Or at least to what we believe is the greater good. I'm at the point where I'm questioning what I believe the greater good is anymore. Yes, I want to contribute to my American economy. But I am one entity. And I have NO clue what I'm doing. With more and more companies outsourcing, it's a wonder America has an economy at all. We are going to Hell in a Hand basket. This Empire will crumble. It's just a matter of time.

But alas; it was not my intention to go this route when I started typing. What I wanted to talk about was my writing. I was brainstorming with my brother the other day and I think I've come up with a direction for the plot of The Dog Catcher. Maybe. I want to write. I've been blogging a bunch lately. But nothing totally concrete. Mostly just thoughts and concerns based on over thinking and confusion. I want to get back to writing something with a literary purpose. I'm having trouble putting something into written form. I see all of these scenes as scenes in my head, as if they were shot in a film, or TV series. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can tell a story that will get people thinking about what they can do to contribute to the greater good. Instead of just going along for the ride, and conforming to the idea that hell is just a sauna.

No comments: