20 January 2010

The Scene Near the End...

The Scene Near the End Before the Overly Emotional Happy Ending in a Chick Flick.

“I didn’t do this.” Her jaw started to tremble. “He contacted me. I didn’t ask him to. He came to me. I don’t have control over what other people do.”

He could only stare at her stony faced. She had no idea what to think in this instant. How could everything have gone so terribly wrong so quickly?

“I told you because not telling you would be to lie.” She started to reason. “Nothing even happened. I didn’t do anything.” He couldn’t look at her anymore.

“I think it’s best if you leave now.” He said staring straight into her eyes. His jaw set with determination.

She gasped and tears started to well in her eyes. Her voice cracked as she spoke. “Al-alright. Fine.” Through blurry eyes, she turned and headed for the door grabbing her coat on her way out. She walked in a dumbfounded speechless silence. She had nowhere to go, so she just walked. She didn’t live here; she had no car, no friends nearby. Everything she owned was in a suitcase in his mother’s guest bedroom. All she could do was walk, and cry, and think about how her life had just deteriorated before her eyes.

“That was a bit harsh. Don’t you think?” His mother spoke up from the doorway to the kitchen, where she had just witnessed the butt end of their quarrel. He turned to look at her and clenched his teeth, the crease in his brow increasing, huffing his distaste at her involvement.

“She said she didn’t do anything.” She said as she put her hands up and started her retreat. “Personally I think I believe her, she’s going to freeze to death out in that snow…” she continued to mumble as she exited the way she’d come in.

When she was gone, all he could do was turn and fall to the couch. Unable to keep his emotions at bay any longer, he cupped his head in hands and sobbed.

No comments: