03 October 2010

Seeping Through a Broken Filter

I'm quite certain I've already covered this, but eh. 
There is no way to be completely unfiltered and truthful. I am finding this to be increasingly true. A person cannot be totally honest without looking like a dick at some point. I would like to be able to tell and say EVERYTHING that is on my mind at times, but then I think of all the people who have the opportunity to hear or see it. So I cannot say it. What I say has an impact on others perceptions of both themselves and me, as well as the world around them. Unbeknownst to them it may be, but it still is. There are parts of me that I would love to tell the world about, but there may be a few persons that would take it the wrong (or right) way, and their knowing would either be taken completely out of context or the weight of it would crush me. And that sounds very selfish. Because it is. Either option is a selfish one. Either it will benefit me, or it will crush me. and the same for not doing it. But since they are my thoughts it is completely up to me to either share them or keep them to myself. I do not NEED to share my every experience even if I would want to. If it would help me to get them off my chest, perhaps I should. But then we come back to that shame factor. 
This was scattered and I got distracted halfway through with a sad song, and thinking about all those things that I do not share.

No comments: