05 October 2010

Dismal Water

Have you ever been in a specific mood? A mood where you don't want to listen to anything but a certain band? A mood were no movie will do, but a certain one? Where you don't want to hear a specific name or joke? You don't want to see a person? Where the only way to get away from that mood is a distraction? But you are incapable of creating that distraction yourself? You know that you need a distraction, and those who are capable of pulling you out of said mood are unaware of how to help? 
I've been there a few times. All I needed was a distraction. It's all hollow. Each mood has no center. It has no base. It's shallow and depressing. It comes from letting yourself over-think things. The antidote is to think of something else. To pick yourself up by dwelling in another realm of thought.
Very few people understand this. I believe that there could be another way around it. But I have yet to find it. 
Until then I will wade in the waters of my own demise.

No comments: