22 October 2010

Beneath a Broken Heart

I sometimes wonder if you wonder like I do. Do you feel what I feel. Have you looked for what I've looked for. Are we reading the same book. Listening to the same song.Wishing on the same star, under the same sky. Then I remember you did the leaving. So it doesn't matter if you do or not. It wouldn't be the same for you. Our perspectives are different. We are on two different playing fields. Even if you wondered like I wondered it wouldn't be the same wondering. One is looking up at home one would be looking down on it. Separate sides of the same ocean maybe. It's uncrossable. Hope has departed because we are on different planes. Heading to different destinations. Even though I thought we held the same ticket. In truth, we don't even ride the same transportation. This isn't a game of cat and mouse, this isn't cat's and dogs. This is Polar Bears and Mountain Goats. Two mutually exclusive beings existing on the same earth in completely different worlds. Too bad I'm not used to the gravity of this one.

No comments: