26 December 2009

I love ending with a call to Action!

I just saw pure awesomeness. And NO ONE is going to get it. That is what the Anglo’s did to the indigenous people of Africa. That’s what the Spanish did to the Native Americans. That’s what the Egyptians did to the Jews. The Romans did it to the Christians. Even the Nazi’s did it to the Jews. People taking over because the other has what they want, and/or they just don’t understand because the other is different. Uuuuugh! That makes me so mad. It makes me mad, not only because it continues to happen, but also because Hollywood feels the need to glamorize it over and over again. And NO ONE sees it. It breaks my heart. How can one people go in and say ‘I am better than you, so I am taking this because I said so.’ This movie kept bringing me back to Pocahontas. ‘You think the only people who are people, Are the people who look and think like you…’ exactly. Now this film was great for many reasons. The poignant details that were brought to light were thought provoking.

Cowboys and Indians!

Another point I was making here… the stab at modern day morality. This stab was a little more subtle. Not as much, hey you people don’t care, as much as, if you think about this, you might get it. The entire film was full of; you need to trust, and fight for the ONE you love… it will bind once for life. You can’t just keep binding and binding to everyone and anyone. We were meant to be monogamous. Be bound once in life. Now, I’m not saying that if you’ve screwed up, you are damned for all eternity and you need to become a nun/monk/whatever. What I’m saying is we were designed to be bound to one. Like in the film, with all of the creatures.

Now, I know that I’m typing this at 1:30 in the morning. And I’m not sure when I’ll be able to post this. However, what I am saying is close to my heart and needs to be said. What distressed me about the film is this; No one will see the direct similarities to reality as I do. Few will understand the struggle between the peoples in the film and our own histories. And our histories have a tendency to repeat themselves, for the simple fact that people don’t pay attention, and don’t care enough to try and change. Knowledge is Power. Do you have what it takes to grasp that knowledge to hold the power?

No comments: