24 December 2009

Happy Christmas Mexican Family

Christmas is...

I can't really answer that in a single statement. It changes every year. And it's been destroyed over time. People talk about keeping the meaning in the season, but that being an actuality is very hard to come by. Here's this: if you are expected to give something because someone else gave to you. and you're not wanting to get the bad end. You're just keeping up with the Jones' and you're not giving from your heart, and therefore not giving for the right reasons. It's no longer selfless though. So; my Selfish act for the season is to not give anything without meaning it. I also don't expect to receive anything. My mom said I shouldn't give up cold Turkey. But I've been thinking about this for a while. I have decided that If I choose to give at any time throughout the year... I will. And whomever I want to give to should be gracious and accept it. I don't like it when people don't accept what I offer. So if I'm offered something, I always accept. Almost always. I think I got off topic once again.

This Christmas, I'm trying to be 'in the spirit' for everyone's sake. But with Grandma being so ill and frail and old looking, and Muncle's hypochondria breeding with the facts of his illness... it's feeling a little dreary. So I'm here in the kitchen alone, blogging. At least I have a boyfriend at Christmas. That's a welcome first. There's not really much else I can do but sit for now. I could read my book. Or talk some more with the dreary overreacting Deb. I love my family. But We're all crazy. Not they're reading over my shoulder. Gahhhh!

No comments: