29 January 2008

Play That Simple Melody & Some Sweet Beautiful Rags

I wrote this one down first... So I might add to it at the end -> { I want someone to write me a song. I want someone to work with me and my vocal capabilities to write a piece for me to perform. I also want someone to just write me a song. For them to perform on my behalf. Either to me or about me. But mostly I want a song to sing myself. I want it be like poetry in motion. Expression of movement and emotion. An outward telling of the soul that lives (thrives) within. A vocalization of the true meaning of what needs to be and what should be said. } <- That is it. Then I made a list of some of the vocalists I admire [their voices]. It included some of the following; Peggy Lee, Bing Crosby, Patsy Cline, Dean Martin, Tracy Chapman, Michael Buble, Otis Redding, Gladys Knight, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Julie Andrews, Harry Connick Jr., Dion, Anne of Heart, Rosemary Clooney, Carrie Underwood, Deana Weinand, Sammy Davis Jr., Etc. One time, I thought of names for this list all the way to school; but then I meandered off the topic... that's like 1/2 hour. It also included those artists who sing songs that I would/could never attempt to sing well. I also remembered what was such a good topic the other day. It had to do with exact timings, irony, and coincidences. It's very interesting to look back and see how things work out. For instance; About six months ago, I did one of the stupidest things ever. Yay! exactly six months (to the day) later, I confronted that issue, and was prepared to get over it completely. Next day, I do something even stupider. Great! haha... Oh well, At least I don't feel the guilty party this time. And I know of most of the angels of each of the arguments that can possibly come into play. I just have to make a conscious effort to never get into those predicaments again. Yay! Don't worry, I haven't exactly compromised my integrity. XD

No comments: