12 November 2008

I pulled a line from you for a title.

Well, I'm not "sick" anymore. but I am. Just up and about because The Captain is now sick. Despite all of his protests to it, and denial that he should have any part in it. He is now sick. But if we go to my Aunt's house tonight, and he seems sick still; She's keeping him. Simple as that. I've also made a discovery. It's something I already knew; but nevertheless, with all of this "weather" it's been more like put to an experiment. I, me myself, am cranky when I wake up without daylight. This is perfectly logical. makes complete sense. The other night, I slept on the East side of the building, and left the shades open to test this. I woke up early; and was chipper, and not cranky. Still sick; but not cranky. The following day; I wanted to see if this would work again. But, alas, the sun was not shining that morning. I wasn't exactly cranky, but I was definitely not chipper. Last night I slept on the West side of the building; and I couldn't open the shades all the way. I was cranky. Now I'm sitting at my computer staring out my window into the dreary day. It's the same color it was when I woke up about 2hours ago. gross. I also know that I'm cranky when I wake up; and I don't have control over the sensory details that are going on around me. Like when I wake up and my mom's put on her radio. Not that it's bad music. Generally; it's not that bad. But I've no control over it. Or when someones left the door open. Why did they open it? if it was closed when I went to bed... or the light is on... or something stinks... or the neighbors are being loud... or I'm somewhere that I'm uncomfortable... There's a slew of them. But; I don't always show that I'm being cranky. Because; after all, Happiness is a decision. (Joy is not; it is strived for and possibly attained, but happiness is a decision). So is being angry all the time. Why waste your time being glum; even if you feel glum. You choose to act that way.

No comments: