25 November 2008

A Friend is a Friend is a Foe indeed

For once I know, not what to say My thoughts just seem, to get in the way I hold my tongue, for fear of blurting Or perhaps, it’s a fear of hurting My foot smells bad, in my nose I search my mind, for the proper pose My foot tastes good, in my mouth Why else would I, not take it out My movements feel, the pain I prick If only these, few words would stick I fall on my face, but don’t hit hard I cannot seem, to play this card My ears behold, the wondrous sounds Of unsung heroes, falling down My nemesis, and I have come To see the fault, before the fun Do I stay? To touch this moment Feel this pain, and all it’s torment See the stares, of people watching Waiting for me, to stop punching But if I do, the torment ceases And then returns, after it increases Come back to me, oh friend of mine If you wish, I’ll drink your wine I’ll change my ways, if you’ll come with me Call my name, don’t let me be Follow, toss, turn complete A friend is a friend is a foe indeed. Return the favor, these tastes I savor Sweet then salty, my life seems faulty What did I do? To deserve this from you I hear the phones, inside my mind Could I call you? Another time Would you answer? My desperate pleas For this valiant heart, down on it’s knees And to you, until the end I shall always, be a friend The torment, pain, freedom, love Am I just someone? You can shove Tip turn the dials, on your brain Before you make, me go insane Complete this void, inside my soul Tell me what, will make me whole Perhaps it’s in, a sacred melody Or maybe it’s, a famous symphony The tears in my head, wail and tear My ear’s can’t take it, it isn’t fair I taste deceit, I smell fear I hear nothing, I see clear Follow, toss, turn complete A friend is a friend is a foe indeed.

No comments: