19 August 2010

You So Did Not Just Post That

Today I'm going to attempt to cover some old topics that were never typed up, as well as some new ones if I can remember them...

Does anyone know how it comes about that some people want to be in control so much? For example, I am a nerd and am a part of a role playing website. Some members of said website continually have characters with the same exact personality. They talk like they are better than everyone and seem like they have more power than everyone else, like they are fighting to have control. This sort of behavior makes me ponder why. Why do they feel the need to hold that power? Why do they have to be better than everyone else? These thoughts lead me to consider other persons that I know in real life. Some people like to be the center of attention, they thrive on the belittlement or control of others. These persons, I believe are lacking in other areas on the same level. Meaning: perhaps they are the lowest member on the totem pole in their own home, or perhaps they have been in their victims place before under different circumstances. Regardless of reason though, I do believe that it is psychological, and maybe not even on purpose. Which leads me to believe that they may be struggling with other issues as well. Like issues that they cannot see beyond themselves. For instance; It has been said that the faults we pick on in others, are our greatest insecurities in ourselves. But that's not what I'm saying. OK: the posting notes thing. The: Do this thing because I don't want to have to do it. In some cases, this is not an unfounded thing. But, if you are wrapped up in yourself and your own plights only, you may not see that others are unable to react the way you want them to, and in turn do that thing that you do not want to do. An old example would be the thing with the lights. I would leave the lights on because I was not the only one using the space and I was thinking of someone else. Said lightswitch was hard, if not dangeraous, to find in the dark. If I had been questioned directly, this knowledge would have been found out and we could go on with our lives. But, I was not questioned, a note was posted as a continual reminder and I was attacked with a "Why did you leave the light on" in an anything but friendly tone. In other circumstances; I would be happy to help and have even tried. I make it a point to stay out of the way so that things are easier for others. But then it is stated that, and with angry words too, One person is unable to continue to do something as a martyr. You're not a fecking martyr, put your damn crap away and I will be more than happy to make the surfaces spotless. 
I am going to walk away from this post now and fix my filter.

No comments: