08 August 2010

Another Crazy Dream

Wouldn’t it be funny if we all knew each other in Real Life? I think so. I also think that my dreams are weird. I see them like a film in my head; scene transitions, steady camera shots through photos to live action, panning, etc. This is the movie I watched in my head last night. It is kind of hard to describe; but I will do my best.

It started on the Year book. The Family B______ had their own section in said year book instead of a picture like the others. First entry you zoom into a sepia family portrait, when it becomes full frame, it changes into a silent family film. First of the 70’s style parents, free spirits, then it goes to color film of the children. The frame pauses on each to give us a name, like opening credits; First Beaut, then Shiney, then everyone else as well.
These Children were all the parent’s foster children. Orphans and playing a part. I was the new addition to the family. We all lived as a family did; but the story starts on the bus to school.
Each of us are masquerading as sophomores in a small town. The first bus ride to school, all of us rode the bus to school together. The girls more towards the center front and the boys center back. After many seat changes, we settled in and Shiney and I sat next to each other, with Beaut across the aisle in front, and Moony across from her, All the boys were behind and I’m not sure where everyone else ended up.
School itself was odd. Since everyone else had already been. I was led around and showed the ropes. I had classes with everyone. Beaut, Moony and I had Gym together directly before Lunch when we all ate together. At the end of the day there was a ceremony in the Gymatorium. 'Mom and Dad' were there, being honored for taking in yet another new orphan.
Then all us ‘kids’ had to walk home. When we all got to the corner gas station, we were cut off by this sports car convertible speeding in. This Red-Neck of a black woman, and her Red-Neck of a white man, began to spray themselves off with the power hose. In all the chaos of them yelling at each other, not angry yelling, just yelling; we discovered they’d gotten a notice from the school district that said everyone should be clean for an upcoming event. She also made it known it’d been a while saying "It’s been two months for me" and she was surprised he’d not had one in the mean time. I figure it was because dirt would show more on his pasty white skin, verses her dark complexion. She hosed him off in the car, he fell over the seats, but she also got water all over the convenience stores floor, it was an open air market set up. And then my brother woke me up.

No comments: