30 November 2009

-Your Five O’clock Shadow Bit Me-

Will you call me if I do?

Will you call me if we don’t?

Don’t hurts more than do,

Initial outtake to be received.

Do hurts more than don’t,

The Backlash of regrets.

Your lies are quite pretty.

Conscience screams at me to run.

Two steps closer to your doorway.

Drunk scratches on a bare back.

The blankets are inviting.

Envelopment could be sweet.

Instinct yells at me to run now.

I cannot seem to move my feet.

Stop your hands from roaming.

A NO escapes my lips.

All reasons are now daunting.

Confusion seethes in my mind.

My body wants to do this.

Hormones catching up with reason.

We didn’t see it through.

Now I wait for which lies are true.

The waiting is what’s hardest.

The hurt that is my dues.

Chastising myself again.

Never let it go that far.

A cut from the 5 o’clock shadow,

Is my only scar today.

An empty spot on my heart,

Will be my soul ache for many tomorrows.

No comments: