12 November 2012

Some days I'm not me.

Some days I feel pretty. Some days I don't. Some days I just feel like a person. Others I feel like I look like a miserable heap. Some days I look in the mirror and then think I look worse. Some days I look and am surprised by me. Some days I'm good. Others I'm bad. Some day's I'm beyond miserable. Some days I'm depressed, heart-broken or just plain sad. It's an odd feeling when I think of how I look, and my reflection proves me wrong. "Oh, that's me. I am pretty." My shadow lies and my peripheral tells half truths. I like it best when how I feel being me, is good, and how I look matches that. It doesn't always happen. I'd like if it would happen more. But I'll take what I can get. Each day that is good, builds a little bit to my confidence. When I'm confident, I feel even better, and I can better make it a point to invest time, energy, or happiness into being me. When that happens, I can be a better me. In theory; If I could keep this up, I'd be the best me I can be in no time. But then I have bad days. And in the end, I'm still just me. Can't be any me-er than I already am.

No comments: