24 June 2010

Raising an Overlord

My original intents were only to keep the child away from his father. But it transformed into something so much more. As time went by; I knew it would be impossible to share his existence with anyone from the court, and so I kept him to myself. (rule #46  Never trust anyone fully.) I named him, I trained him, I created what he is becoming… and it is magnificent. But I digress.
The boys father is a powerful man, radiant with energy the makings of a true villain. He could have made it. He even wrote the book on how it could be done. But his damned pride keeps him from achieving ultimate greatness. He is loved by all; a ladies man, a Man’s man, a beautiful creature of fortitude. But as I must impart to you now; all of his intentions lead to evil. And a corrupted evil of that sort does not make the best ruler. So I keep his child secret. I let the court believe I had miscarried, and I could no longer bear children. My reasoning for this being twofold; one: so that they would believe the child dead, and two: to make it so I would go untouched. (on some levels, I do regret thwarting the touch of a great man. But that was a pleasure I have to deny myself, for the good of our son.)
I see in his son; a greatness that even Xereaux could never accomplish. Not even in his most sadistic dreams. My son is Easton, and he will grow up to be the greatest overlord the world has ever seen.

No comments: