14 June 2010

Faceless texting makes me you

I do not understand this phenomena that is 'finding' 'love'. How is one supposed to get to know someone else when either one or both parties have predetermined expectations of what themselves or the other is supposed to be. And of course; then there's the whole new idea of internet dating. Which in and of itself lends itself to being the creation of such falsities. It's all become so faceless. I do not know who I ought to be anymore. I do try with all that I am to be who I am more than anything. But even that is twisted. You are expected to be someone so you give in to the inquiries that require you to be that. But that is not truly who you are to begin with. Most of my 'getting to know you' personality; is based upon gauging the other persons reactions, and being myself. Which includes gestures and other non verbal communication. Because I am not merely words. If I were; I would be drab and boring beyond all reason. and who then; would want to want me. Or I would come across as what I am expected to be, which then I would be only like what else they've encountered, and not myself, which in turn would make for a rude awakening once they actually met me. In other words. I do not want to be expected to be something I am not, and then chided for not truly being that which I was expected to be. That would be pure hypocrisy.

No comments: