03 April 2009

A tisket a tasket, to Hell in a handbasket

Being economically conscious comes in different ways to different people. For some people it means saving money; giving up some of their luxuries. For others it can be purchasing local/organic foods. Still for others it's simply not shopping in certain places; IE: Wal-mart. For me, I already don't shop in Wal-mart, I don't eat fast food, If I buy food; I purchase local and/or organic. I also don't have luxuries to give up. So any change at all would have to be a major/dramatic lifestyle change or something. I have decided that I am going to help our economy by purchasing American made products. I made this decision for several reasons. One reason is that ever since I found out that big business was moving their factories to other countries for 'more affordable' labor; I've been saying "America's going to Hell in a Hand basket." Because; if you take the jobs to another country, you take the jobs away from the Americans who had them, and if they don't have those jobs, they don't have that income, if they don't have that income, they can't purchase the products, if they can't purchase the products, the economy dies. Yes, I know it's a little more complex than that. But essentially; that is what happens over time. Like what's happening now. Another reason is to curb my own spending. This is kind of having a reverse effect on me though, all the products now available for me to purchase since making this decision, are more expensive. But I don't buy as many products. One more reason is that my Running Man Industries is going to be a completely domestic self sufficient company, from the raw (renewable) materials, all the way through production, design, marketing and distribution. RMI will also be an Eco friendly company. An Eco squared company, as it were, being friendly to both the Eco-system and the economy. All this to say; it's hard to find clothes and other products made exclusively in the US. And yes, that means we're on our way to Hell, in a hand basket.

No comments: