20 April 2009

What Qualms are there for the Standard?

Hello Blog world. I do believe it's been a short while. time passes slowly, and the weather, it does change. Heavy jackets are now getting ready to be stored away soon. and Rain gear is in heavy demand. Summer apparel will soon be flying off the shelves, and I will be buying close to none of it. Less than I was capable of purchasing last year. Granted; I know that I am in fact, still capable of purchasing the items, but I am boycotting them, which hinders me 'morally' from doing so. I've yet to be able to find sunglasses that are made in the USA. And the more I search for American made products the more I realize I'm not going to be able to be a 'cheap scape' anymore. On another note; same song. I was so very excited to find a hair product line which is made entirely in the USA. The company recently pulled all of their foreign manufacturing and is now only Houston based. Very exciting; since I'd already resigned myself to not being able to find any small appliances that were not, in fact, made in, say, China. I've also been able to find random articles of clothing in some stores that are actually fashionable which are made in the USA. But I'm still looking for sun glasses. And I will be in need of 'tennis' shoes shortly as well. There is much more to talk about; like the fact that I'm a member of management of a store that doesn't sell anything that is manufactured in the USA, and my qualms with that fact, or how I'm not sure about transportation now; or weather or not I can purchase something when it's only partly 'made' in the USA like; the fabric is made here, but assembled elsewhere or the fabric is imported but assembled here. If I were to make my own clothes I would have to purchase American made fabrics, NO? And then there's the whole electronics and appliances, and are there bikes made in the USA? How far am I willing to take this whole USA thing? What price (Literally) am I willing to pay for a principle? What price would you be willing to pay for your principles?

No comments: