18 February 2008

-Soggy Paper (The Right Words)-

I should keep some paper by the shower

That’s where I get the best words

Of all things I need to say to you

The circumstances I want to curse

You’re not the first best friend to break my heart

It has happened times before

I’ve given you a new start

Though you’ve hurt me times before

Why does the pain ache all through my bones?

It starts in my heart and works to my soul

Kind of like candy in a dirty old sock

The very next day, I’m the treat of a pox

Porcelain outlines draw tears on my face

You’ve trampled my heart all over the place

You lock me out cold, outside in the dart

Then you tell me your soul, and cause me to start

I’m afraid of the consequences rendered

Now to be faceless down in the mud

If only you would react as tender

Could we stop the decay of the flood?

The friendship we have is not but a riot

A candy cane serpent is drawing quite near

Sometimes I wish you’d trust me and try

The only thing holding me back is this fear.

No comments: