26 May 2012

Sharing Holidays and Occasions

Once again, it is my birthday month, and said birthday is only a few days away now. And I, once again, am trying to not build myself up to let myself down. However; like always, I am not quite succeeding. I have imparted to Mr. Peanut, exactly how important this occasion is, and he is attempting to get the day off of work so that he can make it as special as possible. This brings us to the issue of his employers. We won't know until this evening if he'll be able to spend any time with me or not. Seeing as the big day is on Monday and today is Saturday, this simple fact has made it Nigh impossible to plan anything. Thus injuring my psyche and disappointing me before the fact. I have tried to busy myself with other things to think about, to no avail. For; they all lead back to this one specific conundrum. For instance: I have been in search of the proper attire for the  events unplanned. This has proved most difficult, due entirely to the fact that the events are unplanned, and cannot be planned until we have his schedule. Not only is this difficult; it is downright unnerving. I spent an entire day looking for something that I couldn't put my finger on. I can't even describe what it is I am looking for because I don't know the purpose yet for which I need it. I am now out of time to purchase something that is unknown. I am also unable to create that thing because I have no inkling to what it should look like in the least. Even if the day gets planned this evening for Monday, I will still be unable to procure the proper attire before the date in question. Sunday is out, and Monday is not only the day of, but also a National holiday. Thus making the entire previous weekend difficult in the very least. 
Which brings me to another point. I am all for Memorial Day being a wonderful and Thanks filled occasion, but it is again, exceedingly difficult to find appreciation for someone else when one feels so severely under appreciated. A feeling that does come, more often than not, with this most important day of the year. Happy Friggin Birthday to me. 

No comments: