30 May 2012

Morning Tones Set the Days Tune

I am in a great mood. I have woken up for the past few mornings in a fantastic mood. Mr. Peanut and I have started new morning routines that help to set the tone for our entire days. And so far, it Has worked. Granted; it's only been a few days, but... just saying. Part of this morning routine is declaring our intentions for the day and for how we want to feel or what we want to accomplish and setting it in our minds to make it happen. Another aspect of our mornings also now includes exercise. Not alot, we don't always have the time to dedicate to a full workout, but doing something (at least something) is important. Just a short exercise regime. I actually found the short list of things that we do on pintrest, which; I know, I know; I said I didn't like pintrests... I still don't like it when my facebook wall is inundated with "pins" from one person and I'm all... Good Grief, I Don't Give a Rip!!! but that's a discussion for another time. 
After setting this spectacular tone for the day, we are then ready to attack anything. I am getting LOTS of work done and am determined  to actually make a dent in my to-do list that I've mentally prepared for my day... Because (not only because, but it helps) we also have a short nightly routine too. We list off at least 5 success for the day. When I was kid, mom had us say something we were thankful for before going to bed each night when we said our prayers. It's not a bad habit to get into. Like in White Christmas when Bing Crosby sings about Counting your Blessings instead of Sheep to fall asleep. You should try it. Positive attitude, positive reinforcement, positive outlook. Out with the Negativity... Ha! It's not easy. I myself am a natural pessimist and see the negative in everything, but for years I have been trying to be the "Optimistic Pessimist" and I LOOK for that silver lining. The constant positivity on the regular helps. 

No comments: