23 July 2009

Deedee's Confession

So... on the Forum... There's a thread called Tales of the Turned. I had a good idea for a story. So I wrote the general idea of it. Then I let it fester. Now I have it spinning in my head from 4-5 different points of view. I've written down two of them. Here's one of them... It's in a confessional form. And is called Confessions of a Roommate; Version 2; Deedee's Confession. Here goes;

I don’t really remember my turning. I mean, I do remember being turned, don’t get me wrong, but it was so long ago, and I never really made a big deal out of it. So; Whatever…

My one roommate on the other hand; she was pretty freaked out. Actually, she’s still pretty freaked out. I guess she’s in the state, we like to call denial. Or grief. I don’t know.

I didn’t turn her. We still don’t know who the guy was who did. We can’t figure who’d have the audacity to turn a girl who hangs out with three, almost ancient vampires. Sure, she didn’t know, but still! Who does that?!

Anyway… It happened about a month ago now. We still can’t find the guy. Bobby’s got a search going for him… But he’s left a trail thinner than air. We should have paid closer attention. That’s 20/20 hindsight.

We all went out clubbing as our usual Saturday tradition called for us to do. Lizette drank too much. Again. Danced with random guys, accepted drinks from whomever, and kissed, or made out with those she danced with. Yes, stupid, and normal drunken behavior. Lacy, Bobby and I usually keep a pretty close eye on her. She doesn’t get into too much trouble.

That night we weren’t on our game though, and some bloodsucker tapped her. Stupid, stupid girl! She bit him back. Why? I’ll never understand. Oh, the good ideas of drunk people…

I’m not sure why we didn’t notice the guy was a vampire. We did know there were others there, at the club. There’s always at least one other when we go there. I can’t figure why we didn’t pick up that it was this dude. Why!? … Seriously? Seriously.

In retrospect; we kept Lizzy almost like a pet… I wonder why she never guessed it. That Her Roommates weren’t exactly normal. Personally I think there were plenty of indicators…

We wanted to tell her. Bobby always talked about turning her, but Lacy was dead against it. Ha… dead against it. Dead...

Anywho, Where was I? Oh yes… the tie breaker was left up to me... I was putting off making the decision to tell her, and how, as long as possible.

We love Lizzy like a sister. She’s our best friend. We’ve lived together with her, for only about year, but have known her for, let’s say four more than that. Our whole, never changing thing was eventually going to come up. I didn't want to hurt her though, and we wanted her to have a choice.

But we never got the chance to tell her what we were. And she never got a choice, to become it. Besides her drunken decision to bite back. But, she didn’t know what she was biting into.

She was so funny when we told her. She tried with all of her logic and reasoning to figure out what had happened… and she desperately tried to explain it away. Watching her try to act normal was a riot. The thing with the grapes… You shoulda seen the look on her face… poor girl.

She’s been in bed again for; oh, about three days straight. She hadn’t gotten up except to go to work, or it woulda been for; since we told her. She’s pretty much been keeping to herself, and avoiding me at all costs. Having to drink blood that first time put her over the edge. And I had to give it to her, so it’s all my fault.

She’ll come out of this stupor eventually. I hope. No one wants an eternal mope for a roommate.

No comments: