02 July 2009

The beginings of Chapter one.

I'm thinking I will create a new blog/thread/thing for the posts of my story. When they are in their more final form at least. For now, I'll spew then chapters/scenes onto paper, as per usual, and type them up accordingly.

Disclaimer: In no way do the people, thoughts, and events happening in this story represent real persons, thoughts or events. They may have been spawned from the inspiration of actual events, but are beyond that; Unrelated. Also! all of the writings here are mine. As with all of my posts.

Ok, Here goes;

Chapter 1

“I never know how to start these things.” I’d told him. Now, I was using these same words to start a chronicle of my life. How pathetic. Was I truly that uncreative?

November 12, 2008

I never know how to start these things. But now is as good a time as any to begin. I figured it would be a good idea to start a journal to chronicle my thoughts, if I want to become a great. I choose now because my life has taken some drastic changes recently, and maybe a journal will help me to get thru this by letting me see things in a way that may help to lead towards greatness. I’m not sure yet where I specifically am going with this yet, but a rusty start is better than no start at all. Me

If I had known then that these would be the first words written in the journal of the most profound tie of my life, I may have put a little more thought into them. Then again, if I would have known it would become that profound, I may not have ventured down that road at all.

My story really starts long before my fist journal entry. Long before the thoughts came to start the events that led to the journal entries. My story starts even before there was a reason for the other parties involved in the circumstances that led to the possibility of my writing a journal for any variety of unrelated reasons came up. (Convoluted much?)

I begin my story with a rash decision to move. Not this most recent, in perspective to journal entries, move, but the one before that. My mother was off on a vacation with my siblings. Doing missions, or visiting family, I’m not sure anymore which. All I know is I couldn’t go along because I had to attend classes still. Why I choose that school, out of my many options, is now far beyond me. Who really wants to waste their summer months in a tiny classroom full of wanna-be artists? I ask you! No sane person, that’s for sure. But alas, that is where I found myself. Instead of vacationing with loved ones. I spent my summer furthering my education. Bah!

It was during these long summer months that I spent all of my free time, (what little of it I had, not spent in school, or at work) gallivanting with friends, and as little time as possible in my mother’s empty house. One day; it came up, that I could have the opportunity to occupy a free room in one of my friend’s homes. I jumped at the option to be away from my mother’s home. Oh, to be free from parents, to finally be my own person. Within days; I was already unpacking at my new abode.

Now this doesn’t fall into the category of rash decisions’ for any more reason than the pace of it happening. I could afford it theoretically; I’d made sure of that. I had a job, and could still pay any regular bills. The trouble started, helped me to see where I’d erred, when I graduated from my fine, dastardly school, and then promptly got laid off. Oh the Humanity! But I didn’t complain. I’d had a good long go with the company. I was glad to have had the opportunity with them in the first place, having had no prior experience in my field. Everyone I knew who’d also been a recent graduate, and even some who weren’t so recent, had been laid off around the same time as I. The economy was doing down the drain, and each company sought to cut costs were they deemed necessary. My department was the first to go.

It was after a long series of events and circumstances; falling in love, getting my heart broken, hearing and believing lies, not being able to pay rent any longer, my car breaking down, My computer crashing, and laptop monitor malfunctioning, invariably; the search for the right next stem in options. I decided it best to move across the country to live with, and work for, dear old dad. A man I’d not seen in over ten years, a man whom I’d not really spoken with for months on end. When we did speak; it was the occasional phone call full of typical empty promises of grandeur he was known for. Stupid Girl! I choose this path, for the promise of having work, and the potential for greatness. Oh, if I’d only listened to reason. I knew the potential of such frivolity, but still I went. Granted It’s not been as bad as the masses anticipated for me. But my rose colored glasses for this time and place had mod definitely come off shortly after my arrival.

November 13, 2008

I have been here two months, and I’ve only had three projects I’m not complaining. I am glad for the work, but I fear I’ll never see the fruits of my labors. Each of these projects has been canceled, and called off before they’ve been brought to completion. And with all of this down time, I could be making myself useful, working towards greatness. I still don’t know what great I want to be. And I don’t know where to go to further myself intellectually around here. I’m afraid that if I start planting roots, I rather won’t like them in the long run, or my father will have us move. He’s already talking about buying a building for his business way up north. We’ll just have to wait and see what comes of that. Me

No comments: