17 October 2012

The Engagement of my lifetime!

I know I haven't posted in a while, and I know this because I just realized that I haven't mentioned anything about my wedding! I haven't gushed, or (heads to the dictionary/thesaurus to find the right words) Blabbed, or Gibbered, or Jabbered, or Prattled, or Raved, or Spilled the Beans, or Squealed, or Talked Nonsensically about it at all yet here. As of September 28th, 2012, BF and I were officially engaged. We'd been discussing it for a long time and I finally asked him what we were waiting for. Neither of us could come up with a good enough reason for putting it off any longer, so we made a plan while we were in WI visiting. We went to the mall, stopped in at the Icing by Claire's and chose a style costume jewelery ring that we both like the looks of. We both knew it would be a temporary ring, but it didn't make sense to wait on getting engaged because of such materialistic trivialities. So he paid for it, ($12.50) unwrapped it, held it out to me in the middle of the mall and asked me if I'd like to marry him, and I said I would... yay! Then the process of enlightening the interested parties ensued and before we got back to my aunt's house, my phone died. Directly after that (meaning the next day) we drove down to Indiana to see some of his friends and the even was forgotten amongst them. But then we drove further into Indiana to visit some more of my family and the whole thing came back full force. My sister even took me to a full service wedding dress salon to look at dresses. Which, I found an amazing dress and was able to purchase it! Then we spent a few days in Florida as he took an intensive, then we drove all the way back to SoCal where I've been perusing wedding sites ever since, trying to narrow down all those things that I want in our wedding. Our original plan was to get married in June, because that's what we'd joked about when we first started talking about the wedding, but then we decided it would better suit us to have it later in the year. Our current (and hopefully permanent) date for our wedding will be September 28th, 2013. Somewhere in Wisconsin. That's all I know for certain besides who've I've already asked to be in it. So there's that. I am quite happy and will hopefully remember to keep everyone in the loop as I progress through this. Until next time, Good Night!

1 comment:

CVB said...

kLOVE it! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A BIG thank you from your Mum that she didn't discover the news on FB!! :)