17 September 2010

The Dog is out for the Cather of dogs

I added more to this an long time ago... and I just added more on a whim today. So I will share both parts:


5.11
I stood there in shock as my eyes strained against the dark to adjust. Just then; a loud crack resounded throughout the hall. I looked all around me for what could have made the disturbance. I saw nothing. Swooshing sounds came hurtling towards me, and I was knocked flat onto my back. In the next instant; the sheer terror that filled me erupted into a deafening scream that never escaped my lips. Everything went black.

Part 6.1
When I opened my eyes, everything was still black. I tried to open them again. I still could not see. Squeezing my eyes shut tightly, I tried to remember where I was. I gasped when I remembered the events that had happened, and tears stung at my eyes. Supposing I was still in danger, even in the dark; I still tried to be as quiet as possible. I whispered "Scotty." I heard his paws on metal which sounded down to me. I then realized I was not hearing anything else any more. Where had Boyd gone to? What about his guests? Where they in the room I had just escaped from? How long had I been unconscious? Was I safe? Had they gone?
Then I heard a loud scrape as if a chair were being dragged across the floor. I tried to place where it had come from, but the sound was too short for me to recognize it. I tried to gently get up from the floor, but when I rose. There were bright lights and immense pain in my darkened vision. My head stung in two places. Both; where I had been hit, and where I had landed. I bit my lip to keep from making any noise and held my head in my hands, willing the white lines of pain to leave me.

No comments: